About Coral Springs Animal Hospital
The Coral Springs Animal Hospital was established by Lloyd S. Meisels, D.V.M. in September 1977.
The hospital originally occupied 2,500 square feet of rental space in a shopping center at the corners of Royal Palm Blvd. and University Drive in the City of Coral Springs. Since its opening, thanks to the support and acceptance of the pet owning public, The Coral Springs Animal Hospital has experienced consistent and dramatic growth. The practice, which was opened with just one doctor and two employees, is now staffed by thirty seven doctors and over one hundred twenty employees.
We have outgrown three buildings that we have occupied, and we continue to improve ourselves to ensure we are consistently meeting or exceeding the varying needs and desires of pet owners.
We have grown to become the largest privately owned animal hospital in the state of Florida and one of the largest in the United States. We were awarded the prestigious National Hospital of the Year Award in 2012. Our hospital building is modern, professional, comfortable, and is kept immaculately clean for sanitary purposes.
- American Animal Hospital Association's (AAHA) - Practice of the Year 2015
- Coral Springs- Special Recognition Award for being a finalist for two National Veterinary Awards. – January 2015
- Pet Plan's - Veterinary Practice of the Year for 2015
- Coral Springs - Special Recognition Award for receiving the AAHA ECC (Emergency & Critical Care) accreditation and being named 2012 Hospital of the Year - June 5, 2013
- Vet Economics – Hospital of the Year 2012
Our hospital building is attractive, modern, professional, comfortable, odor-free, and is kept immaculately clean for sanitary purposes.
We are a full service animal hospital offering the following services:
- A Primary Care and Wellness / Preventive Care Practice (General, Family Practice)
- Specialty Referral Practice with Board Certified Veterinary Specialists in a multitude of medical disciplines.
- 24/7/365 Emergency Critical Care Service (Veterinarian and Veterinary Nurse staffed at all times).
- Premier modern Boarding facility.
CSAH is open and staffed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Our Emergency and Critical Care department is equivalent to that of an emergency department in a human hospital. There is no delay in waiting for a veterinarian to call you back and then drive to their office (often without adequate support staff) to treat a sick or injured animal. Emergency / Critical Care Veterinarians and veterinary nursing staff are on duty 24/7/365.
With a fully functional in-house laboratory, there are no delays in conducting blood tests and obtaining diagnostic results. Additionally, we have Board Certified Specialists on-call 24 hours/day so there are no delays when emergency surgical services or medical procedures are needed. All of these services are available with a minimum of delay.
We treated more than 54,000 companion animals at our facility in 2017.
Many of those patients come to us for basic preventive care, such as annual vaccination or yearly examination. Others may be presented for illness or injury requiring medical treatment or surgery by our veterinarians (general practitioners or specialists).
Coral Springs Animal Hospital regularly receives referrals from over 700 local veterinarians in the tri-county area and from veterinarians as far away as Jacksonville, Key West, Naples, and the Caribbean Islands.
Providing the ultimate in patient diagnostics, treatment and surgery, we are a regional referral center for Florida veterinarians. Our board certified specialists accept and consult on cases requiring advanced specialized medical or surgical treatment. Our hospital is equipped with the most modern sophisticated equipment and intensive care facilities necessary for treating companion animals.
Since its inception, the practice has been accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association. The AAHA is a voluntary organization that sets the highest standards to ensure excellence in small animal care.
We provide veterinary care for a multitude of law enforcement K9 Units including:
• Boynton Beach Police Department
• Broward Sheriff’s Office (BSO)
• Coconut Creek Police Department
• Coral Springs Police Department
• Davie Police Department
• Delray Police Department
• Florida Highway Patrol
• Lauderhill Police Department
• Margate Police Department
• Miramar Police Department
• Pembroke Pines Police Department
• Plantation Police Department
• Sunrise Police Department
• Police Canine Consultants—Customized K-9/Consulting in Law Enforcement & Military both Nationally and Internationally
Coral Springs Animal Hospital is also the main provider for the BSO, Animal Neglect and Abuse Division and a provider of services to Pets Broward Low Cost Spay/Neuter Program.
The Coral Springs Animal Hospital strives to practice veterinary medicine and surgery with the highest degree of ethics and professionalism. We have worked hard and have earned a reputation for doing just that. That explains the unparalleled growth we have experienced since 1977.