Coral Springs Animal Hospital is a primary care practice and specialty-referral center for surgery, internal medicine, oncology, dermatology, ophthalmology, radiology, cardiology, emergency/critical care, behavioral medicine, dentistry, and neurology. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We were VETERINARY ECONOMICS “Hospital of the Year” in 2012, and AAHA Featured Practice of the Month in August 1990. Our 38,000 brand new square foot building which we occupied in November 2008 is one of the most modern, attractive and efficient veterinary hospitals anywhere.
We are AAHA Accredited in General Practice and the following Specialties: Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Oncology, E/CC, Neurology, and Surgery.
This externship is designed to encourage the development of superior observation and judgment skills so that the extern can observe and assess data accurately so they can improve their ability to come to sound clinical judgments. This will take place in a hospital that practices excellent, ethical veterinary medicine and surgery.
During the externship, the extern will be scheduled on rotations in the specialty and general practice.
Specialized equipment and capabilities include:
- Ultrasound (2),
- Video endoscopy,
- Bronchoscopy and rhinoscopy,
- Dental operatory with dental digital radiography,
- Snyder Intensive Care Units (2),
- Microsurgical, neurosurgical and ASIF equipment,
- Digital radiology,
- Fully equipped in-house laboratory
- Idexx Reference Laboratory,
- Arthroscopy, fluoroscopy, and laparoscopic surgical equipment.
- Ventilator – Respironics Esprit v200 Ventilator
- NOVA Stat Profile pHOx Analyzer CT MRI (currently offsite, moving onsite in spring 2014)
- Free housing is available.