The American Animal Hospital Association strongly suggests that all pet owning families consider their ability to meet unexpected expenses that may be incurred for veterinary care. In accident cases and serious illnesses, costs may quickly run into the hundreds or thousands of dollars. Ethical Veterinarians make their clients aware of the services and products that are available and the estimated cost of those services, and then provide guidance in their choices and decisions. AAHA strongly encourages you and the Dr. or Practice Manager to discuss any concerns. Every pet owner has different ideas about what is acceptable and affordable pet care.
Since its founding in 1977, the Coral Springs Animal Hospital has earned a reputation for having a fee schedule that is fair to both the pet owner as well as to the hospital and its employees. Our fees are comparable with other quality hospitals in this region of the country. Our fee schedule is structured to support a modern sanitary hospital that is staffed with caring and knowledgeable professionals 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, and that has all the necessary medical and surgical supplies and equipment, in order to deliver the highest standard of veterinary care. Please feel free to inquire about our fees.
We understand that in addition to their concern about the health of their pet, unexpected and unplanned for veterinary expenses can be very stressful to pet owners. We do not wish to extend anyone beyond their means. Accurate fee estimates aid pet owners in planning for their financial responsibility.IT IS OUR POLICY TO PREPARE ACCURATE FEE ESTIMATES FOR PET OWNERES IN ADVANCE AND IN WRITING, FOR ALL IN PATIENT CASES OR AT ANY TIME A PET OWNER REQUESTS ONE. *Please note that it is not possible to anticipate every procedure that may be necessary, especially in accident victims or very sick patients. When additional procedures not listed in the original fee estimate are required, we will make reasonable attempts to inform you of charges in advance unless the additional treatment is required as an immediate life saving measure.
It is customary to pay for veterinary services as they are rendered. Deposits are required for all patients being admitted to the hospital. Unlike in human medicine, this hospital receives no government funding for foundation grants.
- Discover Card
- American Express
- Citi Health Card
- Care Credit
- Pet Insurance - We do accept third party payments for certain Pet Insurance Companies.
Today, pet health insurance is available to offset the costs of your furry friends' medical expenses.
The American Animal Hospital Association is not affiliated with any pet health insurance company, but they do offer a buyer's guide of pet insurance policies Pet Health Insurance Guide:
For those considering pet health insurance, AAHA offers the following suggestions:
- Be sure you understand what the policy covers. Some policies (but not all) cover some preventative care, such as vaccinations, but there may be additional cost for this coverage.
- Understand the exclusions. Almost all policies exclude pre-existing conditions and some exclude hereditary conditions. Some may exclude certain conditions unique to certain breeds.
- Almost all policies have a deductible and co-pay requirement. Some pay according to a set schedule of "usual and customary fees" while some pay based on the actual incurred expense. Be sure you understand how expenses will be reimbursed.
- Ask whether or not the policy allows you to seek care from a veterinarian of your own choosing or whether you must go to a veterinarian that participates in the company's network of providers. When faced with a pet's serious illness, most pet owners want to be able to obtain care from their regular veterinarian.
- Speak with your veterinarian or someone on her practice team. While veterinarians do not sell insurance, chances are they have had experience with the policy you are considering and can provide helpful advice.
Veterinary care can provide your pet with many years of healthy and happy life. Managing the expense of veterinary care can be done in a number of ways' the important advice is to think about it before the need arises.
Click below for related articles:
AAHA Healthy Pet Cost of Veterinary Care Article
AVMA Money Tips ArticleCost of Veterinary Care
Pet Insurance Buyer's Guide