Bruce Sullivan, DVM
Donna Schwartz, DVM
Amy Harrison, DVM
Amber Callaway, DVM
The Primary Care practitioners at Coral Springs Animal Hospital are experienced and trained to handle primary care, urgent care, and emergency procedures. From routine wellness and vaccine visits to urgent care and emergencies such as injuries, vomiting and diarrhea, skin problems, coughing, etc. The general practice is able to handle a wide variety of your canine and feline patient needs. The doctors at Coral Springs Animal Hospital have daily hospital rounds that allow for discussion of complicated cases between primary doctors and specialists.
As in human medicine, new knowledge and cutting edge techniques are evolving so rapidly in veterinary medicine, that it is virtually impossible for any single veterinarian to be knowledgeable and competent in all areas. In some instances, just as your own physician might refer you to a specialist, your primary care veterinarian may recognize a problem that would be better handled by a veterinary specialist. Coral Springs Animal Hospital has specialists and highly sophisticated equipment available on site when needed to assist in diagnosing and treating your pet properly. While working as a team with specialists we are able to provide the best care for your pet.
Primary Care Services Include:
- Prevention of infectious diseases
- Prevention of nutritional diseases
- Prevention of internal and external parasites
- Thorough history taking and physical examination
- Senior care
- Behavioral counseling
- Elective surgeries such as spays (complete ovarian-hysterectomy) and neutering
- Lacerations, dog bites, and other skin surgeries
- Tumor removals
- Bladder stone removal
- Diagnosis and treatment of a wide array of medical problems
- Pain management
- In-house diagnostic laboratory with a full time certified Laboratory Technician
- Digital Radiology (X-Ray) with a board certified specialist in radiology consulting on each case.
- Echo cardiology (EKG) with a board certified specialist in cardiology consulting on each case
- Both anesthetic and non anesthetic procedures as well as difficult dental problems
- Emergency medicine
- Urgent and emergency care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Fully stocked 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year pharmacy
- Treatment of skin diseases
We know your time is important. We make every effort to stay on schedule. Occasionally, emergencies cause unavoidable delays. A missed appointment is a loss to everyone. Please provide a reasonable advanced notice (24 hours) if you cannot keep your appointment..