Our Neurology Department provides comprehensive medical diagnostic and surgical care for companion animals with neurological disorders of the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nervous system.
We offer the latest techniques, technologies, and instrumentation to treat a wide range of neurological conditions including:
- Intervertebral Disc Disease
- Vestibular Disease
- Meningoencephalitis (Inflammatory and Infectious Brain Disease)
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Head Trauma
- Spinal Fractures
- Fibrocartilaginous Embolus
- Lumbosacral Disease
- Cervical Spondylomyelopathy (wobblers)
- Brain and Spinal Neoplasia
- Degenerative Myelopathy
- Atlantoaxial Luxation
- Caudal Occipital Malformation Syndrome (COMS/Chiari-Like Syndrome)
- Steroid Responsive Meningitis Arthritis
Diagnostic Testing Capabilities:
-MRI: A high field Magnetic Resonance Imaging unit (1.0 Tesla) is available for imaging of brain and spinal cord disease.
-Electrodiagnostics: Tests for neuromuscular disease include electromyography and nerve condution studies. BAER (brain auditory evoked response) testing is available to screen for hearing loss or inherited deafness.
-CT: A helical Cat Scan machine is available for imaging of brain and spinal cord disease.