Emergency & Critical Care Veterinary Services in Coral Springs, FL
Coral Springs Animal Hospital Is Open 24 Hours – 365 Days A Year for Emergencies & Urgent Care! Emergency Room Patients will be triaged and seen in the order of severity of the presenting medical problem.
EMERGENCY & ICU
Emergency & Critical Care Animal Hospital – 24 Hours a Day!
The Emergency and Critical Care Service at the Coral Springs Animal Hospital is staffed with experienced nurses and doctors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. Knowing that the closest animal hospital to you that is available 24 hours for your pet should give you peace of mind.
Staffed & Always Ready
We have all the medical, surgical, and laboratory equipment and supplies needed to initiate immediate diagnostic testing and treatment for patients who need urgent or emergency care.
Our Emergency and Critical Care Service and ICU are staffed by educated, compassionate, and experienced Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses. We can provide patients with oxygen, ventilator support, continuous heart and blood pressure monitoring, intravenous fluid therapy, digital radiology, and pain management if necessary. We also stock an entire blood supply and plasma should your pet need a transfusion. We are one of the closest animal hospitals providing 24/7/365 Emergency Care in Broward County and the only one in Coral Springs.
The Emergency and Critical Care Service works directly with all our specialty services to ensure that it will be readily available if your pet needs specialized care, such as emergency surgery. We work together as a team, collaborating and your primary care veterinarian to ensure that your pet has the best and most technologically advanced care possible.
What is Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care?
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care is no different from Emergency and Critical Care in human beings. If your pet has an emergency or has a life-threatening condition, such as trauma, shock, or any other major illness or injury- this requires prompt medical attention.
- Many of the patients we see are critical and will require ongoing care in our intensive care unit (ICU). Our team of emergency and critical care doctors and veterinary nurses are here for your pet 24-hours-a-day and are the closest animal hospital with these capabilities in Coral Springs.
- This level of care improves the likelihood that your pet will have a better outcome when dealing with life-threatening illnesses or injuries.
Which patients would benefit from the care of an Emergency & Critical Care Veterinarian?
Any pet that has had or is having:
- Any pet that is having trouble breathing
- Any injury: pet hit by a car, bite wounds, laceration, gunshot or knife wounds, etc.
- Contact with a Bufo Toad
- Ongoing pain
- Red spots all over the body (petechia)
- Burn injuries/house fires- carbon monoxide and
- smoke inhalation
- Relentless itching
- Diabetic pet that is acting sick or is weak
- Repeated vomiting
- Diarrhea with blood or tarry stools
- Bloat/ GDV– gastric dilatation and volvulus (twisted stomach)
- Weakness or collapse
- Excessive thirst
- Eaten poisonous material (plants, drugs or prescription medication, marijuana, grapes/raisins, chocolate, rat bait)
- Trouble urinating, or are not producing urine
- Sudden lameness
- Seizures (convulsions) or Coma
- Dogs and cats who are unable to eat on their own or need specialized nutritional support
- Patients that have had surgery and are not recovering well as expected
- Pets who are lethargic, will not eat, are mentally dull
Always Here When You Need Us Most!
Coral Springs Animal Hospital is a 24-hours-a-day facility providing top-level care. Coral Springs Animal Hospital is one of the closest animal hospitals in South Florida to have 24-hour expertise care, 365 days a year, to ensure your pet is in the best hands available.
Call us at (954) 753-1800 if you have any questions or concerns about your pet.